Enforcing Family Law Orders In Florida

Even though your divorce may be finalized, it may not be truly final in every sense of the word ― especially if there are ongoing divorce-related orders in place, such as alimony, child support, or even visitation and child custody.

For instance, just because the court may have ordered your ex-spouse to pay spousal support or child support doesn't guarantee he or she will comply with that order. Similarly, your ex may attempt to disregard your agreed-upon parenting or custody plan and keep your child in violation of your agreement.

Fortunately, you do have legal options available under Florida law if your ex refuses to comply with court orders established during your divorce proceedings. For example, you can file a motion for contempt/enforcement of a court order.

If the court finds your ex in contempt ― meaning he or she has refused to follow the court's previous order ― it can impose many penalties in addition to ordering him or her to follow the original order. These penalties may include jail time, fines as well as other sanctions. Also, if the payment of support is at issue, such as in the case of child support, the court may order a wage garnishment.

Do Not Delay, Contact Wanda J. Morgan, P.A., For Legal Guidance Today

Whether you are simply attempting to enforce your family court order or hold your ex in contempt for not following one, it is always best to seek legal guidance from a skilled and knowledgeable family law attorney. After all, this process can often be quite complicated.

At the law firm of Wanda J. Morgan, P.A., we will carefully listen to your issue and help explain your legal options in terms you can understand. With more than 13 years of legal experience, attorney Wanda J. Morgan knows what is required to successfully enforce family court orders under Florida law. When your future and the future of your family are at stake, let the team of legal professionals at Wanda J. Morgan, P.A., help protect your rights.

To schedule a consultation, reach out to us online or call us at 850-613-6923. We represent clients in Okaloosa County, including those in Fort Walton Beach, Shalimar and the surrounding areas.